General discussion

Configuration of Cisco 1602

By cklinzing ·
I'm currently working on a project that includes installation and configuration of 2 Cisco 1602 routers connected via a Qwest Point-to-Point T1 line. I've got the modems linked and appear to be talking, however I cannot send or receive traffic over them....not even a ping. Any suggestions???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by bcbvale In reply to Configuration of Cisco 16 ...

What does the output from a show run look like? How about show int? Also show ip route?

Collapse -

by McKayTech In reply to Configuration of Cisco 16 ...

Just a guess, but each router needs to have a route to the other side.

Make sure your interfaces are up ("sh int S0" and look for "up" and "up") and then make sure there is a default route assigned (could be as simple as "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0Serial0" ).

Beyond that, I'd need to look at the configuration to be able to tell you what is going on.

regards,

paul

Collapse -

by cklinzing In reply to Configuration of Cisco 16 ...

I'm using a T1 WICK card loaded in Serial1. I currently have it sub interfaced out (ie. Serial1 <no ip address><t1 line config>, Serial1.1 <ip address> etc...) Is this the incorrect way of approaching things??? The current status is Up and Down (Line Protocol). Once the router is reloaded the line protocol goes up for 30-60 seconds and then the management console gets a message stating the line protocol has changed to down status.

Collapse -

by bcbvale In reply to Configuration of Cisco 16 ...

You can use sub-interfaces but they are generally not needed on point-to-point circuits. It looks like you may have a layer-2 problem. What type of encapsulation are you using? try posting the configs from each site. That'll help.

Collapse -

by gary5500 In reply to Configuration of Cisco 16 ...

First, there is no reason to use sub-interfaces. Second make sure you are using the proper encapsulation. If you believe that everything is good on your side. Put a loopback plug into the WIC, if the line protocol comes up then it is either a telco problem or the remote routers problem

Back to Networks Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)