Question

Configuration Registry Key Invalid when installing HP PSC750 printer

By gl_58 ·
After requiring a new hard disk in my PC and therefore needing to reinstall my HP PSC 750, following all of the instructions (a number of times, including a number of uninstalls and disconnects...), after connecting and turning on the printer the installation cannot be completed due to the following error - The Configuration Registry Key Invalid. The only action available was to close the dialog box.
Does anyone know how to rectify this? I actually had a replacement hard drive only a month or so ago and everything reinstalled fine. For some reason with this new hard drive and the reinstall of XP this error is displayed. I have checked and the version of XP is legitimate.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

It's not so much the version of XP here

by OH Smeg In reply to Configuration Registry Ke ...

But what has been installed previously. Something has altered the System Registry to prevent this device being installed or the Device was incorrectly installed and caused changes to be made which can not be undone.

You can try the Registry Cleaner in Crap Cleaner available free here

http://www.mrbass.org/freeware/crapcleaner/

It may remove any problems but it's just as likely not to as well.

The easy answer here is to reinstall the OS and then after it's loaded any Service Packs and then the Hardware Specific Drivers. Once this is done you can then install a AV Product update it and then start to install things like Printers and associated Software.

You'll need to remember to follow the directions to correctly install the printer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=buu04835&tmp_task=setupCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=au&lang=en&product=57769

Though you may have to first check to see if you have a 32 or 64 Bit OS installed so that you use the right drivers.

Col

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)