General discussion

Configure FrontPage 2003 for maximum compatibilty (or alternatives)

By CharlieSpencer ·
I've always heard FP is the development tool of last resort. But I can get it cheap, I've got a small site I maintain, and I'd prefer to do it with a GUI-based tool.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to configure FP for maximum compatibility with most browsers and a minimum of MS- / IE-exclusive features. Alternatively, I'll take suggestions for other cheap, easy-to-use web page creation tools.

Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

If hosted

by OUfan In reply to Configure FrontPage 2003 ...

If your doing web page thats in house FP is easy to use to make changes to site adn make navigation structure to. But if you wanted to just push a button and everything work I suggest fiding a host that offers predone web templates adn all you do is edit the content that is straight forward. Seveal out there. Plus there are tons of people taht can do webdesign for resonable amount of money.
ipowerweb
brinkster
godaddy
all offer webtemplates for overnight websites.
Good Luck.

Collapse -

More info I should have included in the original question.

by CharlieSpencer In reply to If hosted

This is not a work-related site. It's target audience is a 20-member fantasy racing league. With the NASCAR season about to end, I have a ten-week window to learn a new application and overhaul the site before the 2006 season. Paying someone else isn't worth the money.

The site is hosted by 1and1. I'm currently using a product called SiteSpinner. The site gets updated twice a week.

If you're REALLY, REALLY bored, e-mail me and I'll send you the URL.

Back to Web Development Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums