General discussion

Configuring 2000 to accept Mac clients

By brian6965 ·
Can someone help me with configuring windows 2000 server to accept mac clients? I am clueless as to how to do this. A mac was just brought into use.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by LordInfidel In reply to Configuring 2000 to accep ...

Excerpt from the 2000 pro resource kit

How can my existing environment coexist with Windows 2000 Professional?

Macintosh interoperability is provided by File Server for Macintosh, which allows Macintosh clients to use TCP/IP (AFP over IP) toshare files and to access shares on a Windows 2000 Server?based computer.

-----

Services for Macintosh
Microsoft? Windows? 2000 Services for Macintosh provides an integration platform for mixed Windows 2000?based and Macintosh-based networks. Services for Macintosh is an integrated component of Windows 2000 that makes it possible for computer and Macintosh clients to share files and printers. With Services for Macintosh, Windows 2000 and Macintosh users can share files on Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or AppleTalk networks, share printers, and gain access to remote networks with the Routing and Remote Access service feature in Windows 2000.

I was able to find a wealth of info about this in the 2000 server resource kit. I suggest buying it.

Also try this link
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en/default.asp

It is the online version

good luck

Collapse -

by brian6965 In reply to Configuring 2000 to accep ...

I was not able to gain any ground with this response

Collapse -

by LordInfidel In reply to Configuring 2000 to accep ...

What information then are you looking for?

If you need step by step hand holding then you are probably not going to find it here.

My suggestion, as a MCSE (nt4 and 2k and a net admin), is to read the information that I sent you.

The resource kit is your best bet in this matter. It has a wealth of information.

You have to enable file services for Mac in order for mac clients to access ANYTHING on the 2k server. There is no way around it.

I can only point you in the right direction, the rest is up to you. Sys Administration takes a lot of work and research, there are no easy answers.

Good luck

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)