General discussion

Conflict between Access 2000 and 2002?

By lmayeda ·
We have an Access database on our Windows 2000 server that is accessed by a few PCs. We can print reports from this database from a WinNT and Win98 PC both of whom have Access 2000 installed. When we try to run the same report from a Win2K PC running Access 2002, we can edit the data but get an MS ACCESS error "There was an error executing the command" as soon as we try to print any of the reports. The same user can run the reports successfully via TS Client. Is this a version conflict?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Joseph Moore In reply to Conflict between Access 2 ...

MS Access has been notorious for not being very backwards-compatible. I have seen many strange problems when a newer Access version uses a database that was compiled in an older Access version.
So, it sure sounds like a version conflict.

Try copying the entire database to a different location, then have your Access XP user open that database copy, and then convert it to Access XP. Then have them print.
Probably won't get any errors.

hope this helps

Collapse -

by lmayeda In reply to Conflict between Access 2 ...

I copied the database to the WinXP Pro PC and ran the conversion utility. Am still getting the "error executing the command" message. I get the same message on 2 different PCs running Access 2002 and not on PCs running Access 2000.

Collapse -

by lmayeda In reply to Conflict between Access 2 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)