General discussion

Connection between clients and Windows 2000 server

By mzhalee ·
I am having a problem to get access from client pc's (Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP) to Windows 2000 server. This only happend if I am in the different segment with the server segment. For example when I am trying to get connection from windows xp client pc to windows 2000 server, i can see the server name but if I am 2x click it, nothing appear in the next window. I am already upgrade to win xp sp2. It is also happend if I am using windows 2000 pro and windows 98 to find the server, nothing appear. Please help.

Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to Connection between client ...

check your gateway, DNS, and Wins

Collapse -

by taz3283 In reply to Connection between client ...

Hello,

I had the same problem when I upgraded to a 2003 server w/ADir. I had to add the IP address of the DNS in the Network properties of each machine.

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Connection between client ...

I suspect the issue is the well known Server Message Block signing one. You can resolve it, by performing the following:

Open the Default Domain Controllers Policy.

Open the Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options folder.

Locate the Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always) policy setting, and then click Disabled or Do Not Configure.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)