Question

connectivity on latitude d600

By hotraylz ·
About 3 weeks ago my latitude d600 quit displaying web pages saying windows cannot connect to the network. the dell wireless card showed it is connected and everything looked good. I disabled it and let windows configure the network and tried resetting the ip address and it now says connected with limited or no connectivity. The dell works fine when wired and the wireless router works perfect with my other 2 computers (compaq and hp).

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

RE: connectivity issue

by Nimmo In reply to connectivity on latitude ...

Try resetting the tcp/ip stack by opening a command prompt and typing netsh then type int ip reset > reset.txt.

Then although you probably have already done so reboot your wireless router and try to connect.

If no joy take a look in the router configuration and make sure that if you have things like MAC filtering enabled you have allowed the MAC address of the adapter.

Make sure the password you are using is correct and the encryption that is been used is supported by the adapter card.

(If you haven't changed anything on the access point all that should be fine)

If your still getting nowhere try un-installing then re-installing the adapter card.

(If possible try connecting to another access point).

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)