General discussion

CONSOLE on 3Com Superstack II 3300

By Scooby170480 ·
Okay then guys, try this on for size.

I need to get into the console for this switch, i have been onto the 3com website and tried there knowledge base, but no help. I have been able to get into my other switches which are ss2 3000 but the 3300 doesn't have a reset button in order to get into the console!

This switch has been lying around in the office for ages and so we have no information about it! I have FORCED a bios upgrade via there serial software. Hoping that would fix it. But i still cannot get into the console or the web setup.

Once i get the connection made to the damn thing, I know what to do.

Going back to 3com is not a option.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jonno112 In reply to CONSOLE on 3Com Superstac ...

This is the site your after this will tell you how to get in through the console.

http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/switches/s_stack2/3c16950/manual.b03/index.htm

This is the page with all the switches on it, just scroll down to yours.
http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/switches/s_stack2/family.htm

Collapse -

by jonno112 In reply to

I found a site and part of it was in german i understand reset

To reset to factory defaults, follow these steps:
1) Using a Null-Modem Cable , hook up the Console port of the switch to an available COM port on a computer (cable must be able to provide serial port communication between 2 computers).
2) Set up a Hyperterminal session to that COM port (e.g.: com1), with the port settings at 9600/8/N/1/N (. When the screen comes up blank with a blinking cursor, hit [enter] once or twice to bring up a login prompt.
3) Alternative to 1 and 2 above, if there is a known assigned TCP/IP address for the switch, one can telnet to that address, hit [enter] once or twice to get the login prompt.
4) Default logins to try are admin/(no password) or security/security. One of those 2 should bring up the management menu.
5) To reset factory defaults, type SYSTEM[enter] then type INITIALIZE[enter]. This will reset everything that has been set up on the switch, with the exception of the TCP/IP address, if there is one. All other previous configurations will need to be re-entered.

Collapse -

by jonno112 In reply to

Was this info no good to you?

Collapse -

by Scooby170480 In reply to CONSOLE on 3Com Superstac ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)