Question

Contacts in Outlook 2003

By carlos.oliveira ·
Can anyone help me with this problem? Due to a hard drive failure I recently reinstalled Microsoft Office, and successfully managed to retrieve Calendar, Mails, and Contacts from .PST backup files I had, including the sub-folders on the contacts.

My problem is that on the preview pane when I right click an address and select "Look Up Contact" only those on the main folder show up, and not those on the sub-folders.

I also have the Plaxo toolbar installed, which shows that a contact in on my address book, even when "Look Up" fails (contact is in a sub-folder). "Find" on Outlook finds the contact successfully. Does anyone now how to set "Look Up" to search sub-folders?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Look at the properties of the sub-folder

by bbradford In reply to Contacts in Outlook 2003

On the Outlook Address Tab, check the box to "Show this folder as an e-mail address book" and define the name of the address book.

This should allow you to look up the contacts using their email address.

Collapse -

Problem persists

by carlos.oliveira In reply to Look at the properties of ...

I had tried that already.

That box is ticked.

As I have said, the contact shows up on the "Find" but not on the "Lookup".

Collapse -

Apparently, this is by design

by bbradford In reply to Problem persists

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197881/en-us for more information from Microsoft.

Collapse -

Any "work-arounds"?

by carlos.oliveira In reply to Apparently, this is by de ...

It's just that organizing in sub-folders is critical for me. I syncronize my Outlook with a smartphone with a 200 contacts maximum, hence sub-folders is more reasonable than categories on the primary folder.

Collapse -

Sorry - couldn't find any workarounds.

by bbradford In reply to Any "work-arounds"?
Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)