General discussion

copy contacts, calendar, in outlook 2000

By dewey8315 ·
I have a harddrive that crashed. I installed a new harddrive loaded windows xp home w/sp1 and office 2000 (same versions on new and old harddrive)and setup my old hd on secondary ide master. Using outlook I imported all of my contacts, calendar, address book etc. but I am only getting stuff that is from 2001 and nothing that is current. What am I doing wrong, why can't I see any of my stuff from the past 2 years? This is very important stuff, I can go onto my old hd and see all my files, what can I copy or do to get all of my old and new outlook 2000 information

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by VinnyD In reply to copy contacts, calendar, ...

It appears that you have imported back in the outlook archive.pst file.

Outlook 2000 will stores the data in a pst folder.

Do a search for all the files called *.pst on the old drive.

You may find one file that has all of the current information.

Then you can import that info into the current outlook pst file.

Collapse -

by dewey8315 In reply to

Sorry it took me so long to rate the answer this was the correct answer and it solved my problem. Thank you

Collapse -

by helmofs In reply to copy contacts, calendar, ...

VinnyD is right on with this one -- can't tell you how many times I had to do this for my clients -- just look for the *.pst file with the latest date that is NOT named archive.pst and import that one. If you are on a WinNT or 2000 network, the real personal folders may reside on the "home directory" of the server, so be sure to look there.

Collapse -

by dewey8315 In reply to

Sorry it took me so long to rate the answer this was the correct answer and it solved my problem. Thank you

Collapse -

by dewey8315 In reply to copy contacts, calendar, ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)