Question

CPU Q6600-141 Degrees-What's Normal?

By rivrbyte ·
Hi you all!

Just bought and assembled:
Intel CoreDuo2 Quad Q6600 CPU (2.4)
Nvidia 8600GT 512MB / DDR2 GPU (Pci-ex16)
CM 690 Coolermaster Mid ATX Chassis (Case)
WINXP (Service Pack2)
Three120mm case fans (I think they are only connected to the PSU)
1)Raptor WD SataII 74 GB for apps and OS Hard drive
2) Western Digital SataII 500 GB Internal hard Drive for Storage

OK.
Now after putting everything together and it seemingly is working well, does anyone have any idea what the average Intel Core Duo2 Quad (Q6600) 2.4CPU Temperature should be running at? I have a MSI (Microstar P-35 Platinum Mobo) that came with DualCoreCenter Utility to monitor temp, system temps and
settings in the Bios.

I went to the BIOS and noticed that the CPU Temp was running at 61 c / 141 f ! That sounds pretty high to me. The System Temp was 29 Degrees / 84 f.

The Fan speed was1775 RPMS. Which one? It did not say,but I do have a front case 120mm,and a rear 120mm fan, and a 120mm side case fan, and they are working.

In Bios, the System Fan #3 and #4 is Disabled. Could that be that my friend hooked up the Fans directly to the Power supply and not split them to the mainboard?

Is there website on Normal operating temperatures for the INTEL Processors?

If anyone has the MSI P-35 Platinum Mainboard, and has installed the DuoCoreCenter utility, How do you change the temp settings for the Fans and the CPU? I've seen the DOT Utility to change the settings,but I did not see it on the Driver/utility CD.

Thanks again!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

could be a bit hot

by craig.parkinson In reply to CPU Q6600-141 Degrees-Wha ...

61 is that under load or just idle? normall temp is around 45-50 but this also depends on what cooling fan you have strapped on

try using intel tat http://www.overclock.net/downloads/138139-intel-tat.html
this will let you see the temp on the cpu and also be able put some load onto the cpu so see what the tempeture rise is

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)