General discussion

Create hardware profiles on Window2000.

By ninzarua ·
User has 2 working places in a company.
He wants to set up 2 docking stations available at these 2 locations so he can use the Laptop whenever he goes.
How can I setup Harware profiles for these 2 docking stations and it will display on screen for user to select wherever he goes???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmccull2000 In reply to Create hardware profiles ...

First thing is to insall all the drivers for both docking stations.

Once that is done, right click on my computer, go to the hardware tab on top. Click on the hardware profile. Click on copy, and it will duplicate the current hardware profile. Highlight the copied hardware profile and click rename. Rename the profile to a name of one of the docking stations. Do the same again and call it the other docking station.

Reboot the computer connected to the docking station. Upon boot it will give you a choise of hardware profiles. Select the one that applies. When in right click on my computer got to the hardware tab and click on device manager. disable the the drivers that you do not need.

Reboot the computer again connected to the other docking station and select the profile that applies. Do the same again, discabling the drivers that are not in use in this docking station.

There may be an easier way, but I have not tried it. It is to do the same as creating the other hardwareprofiles without installing the drivers to the docking stations. After you do this, reboot and connect to a docking station and select the appropriate docking station. Let the drivers install. After that connect to the other docking station and select the other hardware profile on boot and allow those driver to install.

I have always done it the first way, but this other way shoud work as well...

Good Luck

Collapse -

by ninzarua In reply to Create hardware profiles ...

Thanks. It worked.

Collapse -

by ninzarua In reply to Create hardware profiles ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)