General discussion

Creating PDF files on an AS/400

By DBanker ·
We have an AS/400 system and want to create a PDF file from a SCS spool file. So far, I have been able to create one from the AFP Workbench Viewer, but the viewer has inconsistancies on different computers. On some computers, it is perfect, on others, the columns of my document are shifted. I have check setting after setting and can't find any differences. The only diferences between machines is with the Versions of Win95. The three that work correctly have B and mine has C. Any help would be great.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by leon_guerrero In reply to Creating PDF files on an ...

We create PDF's using a product from i-data called DocOut. You just set up an outq, place the spool file in the outq, and release. The PDF will be created and you can set up where you want the PDF to be placed. We have our PDF's sent to a shared folder on an NT file server that is linked to our intranet for users to search, view, and printout the PDF's. DocOut also eliminates dedicated AS/400 printers. We use the same HP LaserJet 8100's for both our AS/400 and NT network printing. You can download a free trial version at their website. It's a little bit pricey, $2500.00 for a two printer license. If that too expensive for you? I've also used Adobe Acrobat (full version) to create AS/400 spool file PDF's.

Collapse -

by DBanker In reply to Creating PDF files on an ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by DBanker In reply to Creating PDF files on an ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)