Question

d-link dsd-150 secure spot

By andynjulie ·
just purchaced the d-link secure spot. works great. I hav a desktop and 2 laptops and an itouch. are the protable computers protected when away from the secure spot. OR how do I run an antivirus along with the secure spot.

ESET works fine on the desktop, how do I run antivirus on the portables when I am away from home.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

As I do not use this class of hardware I can only

by OH Smeg In reply to d-link dsd-150 secure spo ...

Go by the Specifications listed on D Links Web Site for this Product.

If you read your manual that came with this device which with D Link is a PDF File on the Install CD generally you should see the following

Unique Graphical Remote Management Console
At the heart of the system is an industry first - a web-based, graphical management console that remotely communicates with the DSD-150 security appliance, and protected computers. Eliminating the need to physically log in to each and every device in your home, the easy-to-use remote console allows you to view protected PC's on a network map, and monitor or configure SECURESPOT 2.0 services, even when you're away from home.

So in answer to your Question are these items protected when you are away from Home your answer has to be Yes they are if they are correctly added to it of course.

THREE LAYERS OF PROTECTION
Unique to other consumer software or hardware solutions, the DSD-150 with SECURESPOT 2.0 is a hosted security service that protects at both the network and computer layers, replacing the need for separate solutions. This multilayer technology used by large companies is now available to the home user. The Web Service Layer manages your home network security with real-time updates of content filtering, antivirus, spyware, and spam databases. It also provides remote management with a web-based console. The SECURESPOT Layer from the DSD-150 provides network perimeter protection with its firewall, content filtering, scheduling, application control, and reporting. The Computer Layer provides endpoint security with McAfee antivirus and spyware detection and removal, pop-up control, and application control.

In relation to your second Question here

OR how do I run an antivirus along with the secure spot.

You don't need to do anything other than add all of these devices correctly to this Hosted Center Point Service. Though I would add Malware Bytes to all of the Windows Based Systems just to be on the safe side.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=11015805

If you are happy with the McAfee's solution that this device provides there is nothing else required, though you should follow Standard Data Security Practices always.

Col

Collapse -

thx

by andynjulie In reply to As I do not use this clas ...

thank you...

Collapse -

Your Welcome < NT >

by OH Smeg In reply to thx
Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)