General discussion

DCOM Event ID 10006 Class Not Registered

By tobrahs ·
I have been receiving this message in the Event Viewer of my W2K DC:
Source: DCOM
Event I 10006
Dcom got error "Class not registered" from computer XYXAB when attempting to activate the server.

Any idea what this means and how it could be resolved?

Thank you in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tamj123 In reply to DCOM Event ID 10006 Class ...

few things can cause this happen:

1. Error "Class not registered" - This error can be generated when using Veritas Backup Exec to backup the system state on a remote computer. See Veritas Knowledgebase for Document 2029185 - "Selecting an ADV server in backup selections causes a DCOM error". The bottom line is that if Cert. Services aren't installed on the remote, this error will appear, but it can be ignored.

2. Error: "Class not registered" Server: "8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820" - This message indicates that Dcom cannot instantiate a remote object (i.e. it is not installed or the wrong version). A particular case is described in the MS Q229796.

3. Error "Class not registered" Server: "E85CB4EA-DA54-4632-A3C1-D8D2818AC233" - As per Q330341, applicable to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server, this behavior may occur if the servers in your conferencing site do not all have the same version of the Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server service pack installed.

4. Error "Class not registered" Server: "D99E6E73-FC88-11D0-B498-00A0C90312F3" - Not really useful if using off-the-shelf applications, but a programming function, CertSrvIsServerOnlineW can be used to make a Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) call to the server that is specified to determine the status of the certification authority (CA). If Certificate Services is not installed on the server, the DCOM call does not complete and this error is recorded. See MS Q312781.

Collapse -

by tobrahs In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by tobrahs In reply to DCOM Event ID 10006 Class ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)