General discussion

De-installing office 2010 professional corrupting my windows 7 profile

By m.l.kossen ·
When I installed office 2010 I kept my office along side just in case. Near the end of the trial periode I decided to de-install office 2010.

When the de-installation was completed and the system done a reboot I was left with two major problems as a result of the de-installation of office 2010. Since office 201 has over written my office 2007 outlook I had to install outlook again and it too me over an hour to get outlook back as it was before installing office 2010.

A bigger problem is that my profile has been corrupted by the de-installation proces of office 2010. When I open for instance a excel worksheet or a word document it takes more ten ten seconds to open. Before office 2010 the files opened in just one or two seconds.

I've been searching the internet to see if I could find a solution to my problem but nothing realy.
The only suggestion I found to solve this issue i to make to more accounts and copy and paste the profile directories from the problem profile to the new one. I done that in the assumption that the new profile would be exactly the same as the corrupted one, but that is not the case. The desktop needs modifying, IE missing all the extra's I had in the corrupted profile etc.

This is a typical Microsft showing their incompetence to hire the right people to program a setup routine and to make sure to leave the user profile intact or before starting a setup routine make as a standard a backup of everything they change including the user profile.

The fact that they send me a email with a manual de-installation procedure of office 2007 that involves many steps fiddeling with the registry and so on is outrages. As they obviously aware of their faulty de-installation routines they should have make a little program that saves the customer the hassel to do it all manually.

I hope somebody knows a better sollution to repair a corrupted user profile in Windows 7 ultimate.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

uninstall...

by PurpleSkys In reply to De-installing office 2010 ...

i don't think i've ever heard the term "de-install"...anyway, follow along here, you shouldn't have any issues (providing your copies are legal MS disks)
For Windows 7
Click Start, type programs and features in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
Click to select the product to be uninstalled from the listing of installed products, and then click Uninstall/Change from the bar that displays the available tasks.

>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Collapse -

Uninstall..

by m.l.kossen In reply to uninstall...

I don't know what you are talking abou? Did you read my post till the end? I have no isues uninstalling programs or using the so callled repair option of Microsoft office, I have isues with the problem as described in my post; uninstalling office 2010 corrupted my windows 7 profile. So what is your answer to this MICROSOFT problem?

And for your information: I do have LEGAL MS disks. If people reply to my post I have rather people reply who know what they talking about and more: know how to read a post.

Collapse -

recreate

by PurpleSkys In reply to De-installing office 2010 ...

I've had to recreate profiles before because they are corrupt. Yes, things are not going to be the way you had them, you're going to have to manually put it all back. The last place I ever mess around is in the registry, that's always a last resort and normally just before we do a repain install of the whole system.
Another point: when installing beta software, I always do a back up beforehand and then a backup just before uninstalling.

links to refer: http://techgenie.com/latest/how-to-fix-corrupt-windows-7-profile-logged-in-as-temp/

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-vista/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

If you don't like my answers...oh well...

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)