General discussion

Decoding Event Viewer...EventID2000

By ddelany ·
WinNT 4.0 Terminal Server, Dual PIII 733, 2GB RAM & RAID 5. On a random basis my event viewer fills with EventID2000: The server's call to a system service failed unexpectedly. I have contacted Microsoft and they recommended updating certain Drivers - No luck! The only course of action I have is to watch the PTE level in Perf Mon to calculate when the system will crash. After rebooting the box the PTE are restored and the countdown to crash begins. Where can I find what is causing the memory leak??

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Tomcat-2000 In reply to Decoding Event Viewer...E ...

Video problem. Invalid pixel format is what the error describes. What SP is the server at ? There have been problems with certain SP's ... would it be possible to go back a level ? Also, what resolution and colors is the server running at ? Microsoft recommends 800x600 and 256 colors (since TS 4.0 will only support 256 colors in a session.) Other than that, or video driver issues, maybe the video hardware is to blame. Can you swap it / or put in a different video card to test ? Hope thishelps.

Collapse -

by ddelany In reply to Decoding Event Viewer...E ...

All hardware has been checked and verified: OK, and all driver have been upgraded..still no result.

Collapse -

by -Q-240248 In reply to Decoding Event Viewer...E ...

Wull, if u have a memory leak, check the running processes and take note of the one that is contstantly increasing in memory size!

Many apps can cause memory leaks. SQL server, Backup Exec...etc. What other apps are you running?

Check out theoffending process!

Collapse -

The Box is a member server and is only used for databse storage. I have stopped all apps on the server and the problem remains uneffected.

Collapse -

by bill.parks In reply to Decoding Event Viewer...E ...

Do you have any type of Anti-Virus software installed? If so remove it. Have you removed any applications recently? If so, to test this out, re-install them. Re-apply your service pack, and verify it is for Terminal Server, 5 & 6a are both available. Here's some more info:

Q173210

An event 2000 may appear when a network application sends a Delete File command to the shared network drive of a computer running Windows NT Server if the file it is trying to delete does not exist on that server. A "STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE" event ID 2000 with the following data will appear in the System Event Log:

0000: 00040000 00540001 00000000 c00007d0
0010: 00000000 c000000f 00000000 00000000
0020: 00000000 00000000 05180bc5
That's why I ask about the application.
Hope this helps, good luck!!!!

Collapse -

Thanks for the input!

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)