General discussion

Decommision a 2000 server running AD

By john ·
I need to decommission a 2000 server that is acting as a domain controller and is running Active Directory. I have put into place a new 2003 server (also running AD) and created a new domain. The old server is also running Exchange 2000, which I would like to keep in place. My idea is to decommission the 2000 server(as a domain controller) and keep it as an Exchange server and join it to the new domain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

More Information...

by mike.matuska In reply to Decommision a 2000 server ...

You really need to provide more information for the question to be answered correctly..

How Many Users , Member Servers , FSMO Role locations..

Collapse -

and why

by lowlands In reply to More Information...

Why did you create a new domain? It seems like you're getting yourself into some extra problems here.

Collapse -

Windows Server 2000 Disc

Hello,
Someone working for us had an accident last week and trapped a large number of Discs in the safe door. In consequence to this the discs got smashed, such as Windows Server 2003, Windows Advanced Sever 2000 & Windows Server 2000. I was just wondering if you would make me a copy of your windows server disc and post it to me? This is completely legal as I will be using my existing serial number. I am willing to pay the costs to produce the disc and post it. Please can you help?

Please E-mail zakflemingo@gmail.com

Thank you

Zak

Back to IT Employment Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)