Networks

Our forums are currently in maintenance mode and the ability to post is disabled. We will be back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Question

Default User Profile:Server 2003 Domain

By jshoemaker21 ·
How do you change the default user profile in a Windows 2003 Domain? I wan't all users to get the customized settings when they log on. How do I do this, I forget. I know its very similar to XP but whats the differnce it has to be done aon a DC? Thank you

I would like all authenticated users to have the same Office settings, program settings etc.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

KB

by jshoemaker21 In reply to Default User Profile:Serv ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325364/en-us

Shows how to do it, but I wan't the default user profile to apply to anyone logging in to the domain. THanks

Collapse -

Same issue

by andrew.pagano In reply to KB

Morning shoemaker - I am trying to figure this one out too. I did it like 3 weeks ago, but have forgotten since then. I'll keep you posted on what I find - do the same eh :)

Collapse -

Okay figured out my issue

by andrew.pagano In reply to KB

Ready -

Okay so my issue was related to the fact that I had my <All Users> account's start and desktop populated. So when I was testing yesterday I was actually getting the correct Default User profile copy, but it was not importing anythign from the all user's area - weird!?
Once I populated the default user profile with everything and gave permission to the <domain name>\Domain Users group (which you might have to set when it comes up with the check names screen; top most option - make sure it includes groups in the search), it worked nicely.

Let me know if this was at all helpful or if you think I omitted any crucial items in my set up prior to.

Collapse -

ohh

by andrew.pagano In reply to Default User Profile:Serv ...

Sorry, I guess i miss understood the original issue. I am afraid that they would behead me if I were to get within 10 feet of the DCs. Sorry