Question

Dell dimension 2400 doesnt recognise the hard drive

By ompza ·
This computer never used to start at all and recently it will start but keeps saying it cant detect the hard drive in the bios,changed the ide cables many times and tried different hard drives with operating systems but still tells me no primay master detected.tried plugging my hard drive to the ide2 connector with the cdrom but cant detect it,when i remove the hard drive it detects the cd rom in that connector.I reset the bios but it still wont detect any hard drive,tried unplugging all drives and remain with just the hard drive but the machine cant detct it,the jumpers are ok.I know ive set them right.do u think flushing the bios will help?is the motherboard faulty?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I have this machine

by lipsticknlies In reply to Dell dimension 2400 doesn ...

Have you tried it with no jumpers?
Mine works with or without jumpers regardless of which harddrives I put in it. As I use it as a test machine for all my old hardrives

Collapse -

setting scsi drives

by glenswun In reply to Dell dimension 2400 doesn ...

Ensure your drives are seen at post, go to setup, drives should show when the system scans then set up container to boot from,during install hit f6 to use dell raid/scsi drivers to enable os to see drives

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)