General discussion

DELL LATITUDE C600 BIOS CONFIGURATION PASSWORD?

By jasons ·
Hi there,
I recently purchased a DELL Latitude c600 notebook of ebay, and im stuck with a problem. Basically I need the config password to enable the IR port, I thought i had all the passwords, but i need the config password to change any settings in the BIOS, could someone please help me recover such a password. Ive tried the latitude.exe, but that doesnt help me with the config password.

Suggestions would be much appriciated.

Thanks
Jason S.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

also..

by jasons In reply to DELL LATITUDE C600 BIOS C ...

I have called DELL, but i am awaiting the owner details to be faxed to me so i can provide dell with the details, they dont seem very helpful, is there a password program i can use? or any tips in which to reset the config password? I dont feel confident in openening the notebook. Thanks

Collapse -

Here's my dunaduna...

by mrafrohead In reply to also..

First try this:

blvjch

If that doesn't work, then get either "killcmos" or get "techw0rm" disk 1. Those will help you with your problem.

If you aren't familiar with the two above, just google them... ;p

dunaduna

Mrafrohead

Collapse -

by jasons In reply to Here's my dunaduna...

are you trying to fool me? are they worms/virus's?

Collapse -

No

by mrafrohead In reply to

I'm here to help not hurt.

You don't have to try if you don't want to, but that is the help I have to offer.

If you are skeptical of what I am offering, you should scan the files with a good and updated virus scanner just to make sure that they are clean. As you should with any file you receive from anyone anyhow.

Mrafrohead

Collapse -

bios password

by Hosmo In reply to DELL LATITUDE C600 BIOS C ...

Pull the battery off the motherboard and then reset the bios to default. You'll have to start from there.

Collapse -

Wrong forum

by Oz_Media In reply to DELL LATITUDE C600 BIOS C ...

You will get much better responses and relevant answers if you post to the correct forum.

Technical Q&A.

Collapse -

Q&A

by Jim Phelps In reply to Wrong forum

Oz:

I wish you well in your crusade to get people to ask technical questions in the "Q&A" section.

I guess you're like the proverbial kid who was going to empty the ocean one spoonful at a time!

Collapse -

Damn straight!

by Oz_Media In reply to Q&A

I've conquered bigger mountains in my short time on this ball.

I actually answer questions in the Discussion forum every now and then, before realizing my bad.

Oh well, like I've often said, SOME educational systems have much to be desired and lemmings will keep jumping off the cliff because the last one did.

In this case, I read the question and was about to offer input when I realized it was the wrong forum, DOH!

Collapse -

Maybe

by Oz_Media In reply to Damn straight!

You could convince William BJ that people posting in the worng forum MAY have weapons of mass destruction. That should do it.

Mind you, TR members would actually fight back.

Collapse -

CMOS Battery

by RLangel In reply to DELL LATITUDE C600 BIOS C ...

Pull the CMOS battery off the motherboard. You will be able to get at it through the RAM access door on the bottom of the machine... Leave it out for about a minute, then replace, and restart the machine. the BIOS will be reset to default, and you should be able to go from there...

Back to Security Forum
10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)