Question

Dell Lattitude D610

By daniels366 ·
Hi, I am having trouble with my Dell D610. it is not powering up it comes on for about 3 seconds and then it shuts backdown. I tried changing the power cord and that is not the problem. Can anyone help me?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Some suggestions

by brudab In reply to Dell Lattitude D610

1) If it's under warranty, call Dell. Better they help if they can.

2) If not, give us a little history of recent problems. Maybe they'll point towards the current problem.

Collapse -

Try

by zlitocook In reply to Dell Lattitude D610

Removing the battery, CD or DVD, unplug it and hold the power button down for twenty seconds. Leave the battery out and plug in in. Now try booting up.
This could be allot of things and none of them good, do you even get the boot screen that will let you use DEL to get in to the BIOS set up?

Collapse -

Tried Suggestions

by daniels366 In reply to Try

Hello and Thank You for taking the time out to assist me. I tried your suggestions, but with no positive results. I think that some one in my family spilled water in the machine because I saw a spill by the laptop,and under the machine was wet, but the laptop itself was dry.

Collapse -

Tried Suggestions

Hello and Thank You for taking the time out to assist me. I tried your suggestions, but with no positive results. I think that some one in my family spilled water in the machine because I saw a spill by the laptop,and under the machine was wet, but the laptop itself was dry.

Collapse -

Tried Suggestions

Collapse -

Tried Suggestions

Collapse -

Well in that case I can only suggest that you

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Dell Lattitude D610

Follow the Dell Service Manual located here for the D610.

http://tinyurl.com/mamy3

Please note that this is one of the Dell's that had a Battery Recall issued for it as per this page

http://tinyurl.com/us6zm

So Dell may be willing to repair this unit UG if you push them.

Col

Collapse -

dell laptop

by myextraone In reply to Well in that case I can o ...

Yes i am having a similar problem w/ dell c600---I get the windows xp pro logo at start up then shut down with error message to :choose most recent settings that worked, or start normally ,etc.---then round in a circle to XP PRO window again to Shutdown to ERROR message--I havent had luck through C-mos so far either. I configured a new Airlink wireless cardbus adapter with slow but operable sucess, the night before. any suggestions other than reloading OS? Also the battery has ALWAYS been defective in my laptop( never charges) any knowledge of recall applicability?

Back to Laptops Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)