Question

Dell Optiplex 170l Vista Video Driver

By daniel_reynag ·
Can you give me a link for it, because the audio was automatically recognize but i cant use aero without the driver of video.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Go here and enter the Product Code on the Service Tag

by OH Smeg In reply to Dell Optiplex 170l Vista ...

and it will take you directly to the required drivers if this computer came loaded with Vista new.

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs

If it didn't come with Vista well need to know the Video Card Type to point you to a Video Driver if there is one for Vista.

As Dell doesn't list a Optiplex 1701 only a 170L I'm unsure if that is the correct model so use the Service Tag to get the correct one as Dell list 2 different ones for the 170L. :)

Col

Collapse -

Problem

by PSXGamerPro1 In reply to Dell Optiplex 170l Vista ...

The problem is that the computer came with a wiped HDD and no OS and drivers. It has a sticker that says windows XP Pro with a product key. But I don't have the install disk for Pro because I don't own it but I remember having a install disk for the SP3 Home Edition which I cant find but I will try to see if I can find an iso for Pro so I can repair the install on my Inspiron 1100 laptop. Which has SP3 Home Edition of Windows XP. The computer I am on has Vista on it right now and the problem is that It wont show me the option to make the color scheme transparent or not, it wont let me colorize it, and it wont show animations when I press the switch between windows button. Instead it shows a rectangle box with the icons and when you have the cursor on it, it shows the windows 7 like taskbar button when you have a window open on windows 7.

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)