Question

Dell powerEdge 2600 Disk 0:0 fail

By ahsali103 ·
We have dell poweredge 2600, windows 2000 server, Raid 5. The server is four years old. The server has three scsi hard disks (70 GB each). The problem is there is a warning, it says "Disk 0:0 fail." If I take out the failed disk, will the server work properly as it was before with the warning? If I change the hard disk with same one, will everything will be as it was? What should I do to solve this probem. Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Edited by moderator

by kylej In reply to Dell powerEdge 2600 Disk ...

Edited

Message was edited by: beth.blakely@...

Collapse -

I know

by ahsali103 In reply to Edited by moderator

Anyway thanks big tumb. But not working what you said. Do you have another solution Mr....

Collapse -

Disk 0:0 fail

by jwhitman In reply to Dell powerEdge 2600 Disk ...

Considering you have a raid 5 configuration, you should be able to order a replacement drive from dell, and hot swap the drive. Using dells array manager, you can have it rescan the drives, which it will realize the bad drive has been replaced, and rebuild the drive automatically. If you had 3 drives and lost 1, your environment should not have seen any difference, so yes everything should go back to the way it was before errors. You do need to replace the bad drive, as if you would loose another drive, you would be in trouble.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)