Question

dell studio 1735 laptop

By reesestix ·
So I have purchased a Dell Studio 1735 laptop. Before I purchased, the wonderful all-knowing Dell told me that it was downgradeable to XP since they do not offer XP already installed. Now the lovely people are telling me that it is not downgradeable to XP since the drivers are not available. Well I have found all but the audio driver for XP. It would be an IDT High Definition Audio CODEC (IDT 92HD73C1 Audio). I have contacted Dell; they are of no help. I have gotten a driver that has the audio to recognize but "cannot be started."

does anyone know where I could find the this driver compatible to XP? Please help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

According to IDT's website. Your screwed.

by 1bn0 In reply to dell studio 1735 laptop

"We are not allowed to distribute OEM drivers to end-users, nor can we make modifications to the drivers outside of these manufacturer’s specifications. Our OEM partners provides us with detailed feature-sets and behavioral specifications for every model. If a feature is not available, this is likely because they chose not to enable it in either software or hardware. IDT must comply with our OEM customer’s specifications for their systems. IDT continually updates our OEM customers with new drivers that include bug fixes and new feature requests."

http://www.idt.com/?id=3969

Collapse -

not completely correct

by reesestix In reply to According to IDT's websit ...

It is possible. It worked.

Collapse -

This may help

by CaptBilly1Eye In reply to dell studio 1735 laptop

Here is a discussion of other Studio 1735 users that experienced the same issue. There are 3 pages and in those pages are links that others used to find the XP drivers.

http://tinyurl.com/5rooxj

Collapse -

yay

by reesestix In reply to This may help

Thank you much.

Collapse -

by waleed.saifi In reply to yay

Could you please inform me how you fixed it?
I have tried to use the link above, it took me to some Dell forum!!!!

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)