General discussion

Deployment of windows 2000 prof

By param2k_st ·
Hi,
I am theriotically aware of Deployment/RIS of Windows 2000 prof. But when it comes to implementing I am encountering problems.
I have created the answer file for the win2kprof. I have copied the unattend.txt and unattend.bat file to a floppy and tried to install on a new machine with only DOS and partitioned,formatted drives.
I have learnt that we have to install the client for windows network software and map the network drive of the server to the local system.
Can anybody please guide me on where can I get that software and how do I install it. And also the syntax to map the network drive.
The network card on my client machines are Realtek RTL8139(A)PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Deployment of windows 2000 prof

by quintar51 In reply to Deployment of windows 200 ...

to setup RIS, you have to first have an AD domain, with obviously DNS installed. You need a DHCP server (authorized). You then go to start, run, RIPREP. Follow the wizard of copying the w2k professional files. Once that is done, you then go to start, run, type in rbfg.exe That's the utility that creates the client boot disk. During that stage, you have an option to see what network adapters are supported. If your adapter is listed, then after you create the bootdisk, just boot from that on your client machine, log in and start the installation.

good luck,

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)