General discussion

Deskjet 2000c blues

By grandhighdruid ·
My problem is this:I ahve a HP Deskjet 2000c that, when it prints any black graphic or bold text, it puts so much ink onto it that the ink doesn't dry for 10-15 seconds! It only does this with black, however. Could the problem be the printhead, or something more sinister?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Deskjet 2000c blues

by TechKid In reply to Deskjet 2000c blues

HP's print heads are located on the ink cartridge itself. It's possible that he print heads are not working properly. Try and use some of there utilities to clean, align and what not. If it still happens you may try switching cartridges.

Collapse -

Deskjet 2000c blues

by grandhighdruid In reply to Deskjet 2000c blues

Thanks to everyone for answering my question, but I got a complete set of printheads from HP AND a new black cartridge;it worked okay the first page, but that was it, and my customer doesn't want it fixed, so I'll never know the solution for this problem! AAARRRRGH!!!

Collapse -

Deskjet 2000c blues

by TimTheToolMan In reply to Deskjet 2000c blues

Hi,

At the rate its using the ink, it sounds like you're going to need a new cartridge soon, anyway!

My HP Deskjet 530c also splats out the ink (colour too) but I only really notice it when I print a fully covered page. And its not so bad as to cause problems like definition loss or running or anything like that...

Its fine for text. Yep, sounds like you need a new cartridge. HP sell those. I guess thats where they make their money!?!

Cheers,
Tim.

Collapse -

Deskjet 2000c blues

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Deskjet 2000c blues

by Ann777 In reply to Deskjet 2000c blues

If it was the printhead, then it'd be doing the same thing with color.

Replace the cartridge.

Also, if you are injecting ink into used cartridges (or purchasing these cartridges as previously used), you might consider stopping that practice. I've seen these cheaper methods of refilling ink cause this type of problems and other problems.

Collapse -

Deskjet 2000c blues

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Deskjet 2000c blues

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)