General discussion

Locked

Diacritics problem

By petremure ·
For a while now, all diacritics (like in French, etc. languages) in many progs on my xp sp1 os (OExpress, dictionaries, mirc) are rendered as cyrillic or even unknown letters. In IE options-fonts appears language script "cyrillic". I change it to Latin based, click ok, but the Apply button is grayed out and if I click ok, on opening up again options-fonts, the language script is again cyrillic. What could cause this and how can I remedy it?
Thank you, P.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ICB's corner In reply to Diacritics problem

Open Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages - Details. Verify if it is something wrong. Select Advanced tab and check if turn off ... box is selected.
Otherwise could be a wirus.

Collapse -

by petremure In reply to Diacritics problem

As I see it, the problem lies in the fact that on IE6-Options-Fonts the Apply button is grayed out, it can't retain any changes I make.

Collapse -

by whereareyou In reply to

I have the same problem...

Collapse -

by whereareyou In reply to

I have the same problem...

Collapse -

by petremure In reply to

I have reinstalled my os since, but I've found out that problems in oexpress are usually solved if you make another identity and delete the old one.

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Discussions

Related Forums