Question

Disabled Admin Account on Windows 2003 Server

By asmith ·
Somehow the administrator account on our Windows 2003 Server was disabled and now I cannot get into the server. There were no other users with admin rights as well. Need help got to get into this server up by Monday morning. It's also the domain controller for our network. Help!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You can try booting in Safe Mode

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Disabled Admin Account on ...

And see if you still have the Admin Account which Must Be there as no Windows can run without a Admin Account even if it's been renamed to something else there must be an Admin Account Present.

If you can not access the system I Suggest that you backup the data on the server wipe the HDD/s with a utility like Boot & Nuke available here

http://tinyurl.com/4rfur

Then rebuild the server so you can have it up & running by Monday so there will be no loss of work. Then you can set about locking it down to prevent fools deleting necessary items on it in the future.

If you have encrypted Files or a Striped RAID Array I wouldn't even bother with attempting to recover the data and just rely on your last Full Backup and the subsequent Incrementals that have been performed since the last complete backup.

Col

Collapse -

HOw long have you been a system administrator?

by ayomacro In reply to Disabled Admin Account on ...

Try using a linux live CD like Knoppix. it will help you to make changes and reset your admin password.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)