General discussion

Disabling Exchange 2000 mailbox

By marreyes ·
How can I disable a mailbox in Exchange 2000 without disabling the end user account. I know if I delete the mailbox it will disable it but I am afraid it will eventually purge this mailbox.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Disabling Exchange 2000 m ...

There is a very detailed thread on how to accomplish this here on the Outlook Exchange website:

http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/glenscales/accmailcom.asp

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Disabling Exchange 2000 m ...

Delete the email addresses with the mailbox so its impossible to send/receive email with it.

Yuo can also set the message size to 0K as well if you wish.

Collapse -

by dsharma In reply to Disabling Exchange 2000 m ...

don't worru u can just try doing remove exchange attributes. what this will do is disconnect the mailbox. also you need to check the deleted item retention period. SO even it is deleted you need not to worry bout it. As a precation you can take exmerge backup of the mailbox. in case of queries plz contact me at sunlightpal@msn.com

Collapse -

by dsharma In reply to Disabling Exchange 2000 m ...

don't worru u can just try doing remove exchange attributes. what this will do is disconnect the mailbox. also you need to check the deleted item retention period. SO even it is deleted you need not to worry bout it. As a precation you can take exmerge backup of the mailbox. in case of queries plz contact me at sunlightpal@msn.com

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)