General discussion

Disappearing Contacts in Outlook 2000

By jeff.engel ·
Have a secretrary who has Publishing Editor rights to an exec's mailbox. When the secretary creates a new contact in the exec's mailbox, the contact stays for about half a second and then disappears. But the contact does show up fine in the exec'scontact list. Issue began after an upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2000.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Not exactly, but you might have a look.

by jrspam In reply to Disappearing Contacts in ...

I have seen something similar, although not exactly the same. I assume you are runnning Exchange server, which means you would have Microsoft Exchange set up in the services. I have seen a couple incidents where Personal Folders was also installedin services and the mail and other things would disappear from the Exchange mailbox and move over to the personal folders mailbox. This may not be your problem but then again....

Collapse -

Not exactly, but you might have a look.

by jrspam In reply to Disappearing Contacts in ...

I have seen something similar, although not exactly the same. I assume you are runnning Exchange server, which means you would have Microsoft Exchange set up in the services. I have seen a couple incidents where Personal Folders was also installedin services and the mail and other things would disappear from the Exchange mailbox and move over to the personal folders mailbox. By exporting the personal folders pst file into the Exchange folders and removing the personal folders from services,the problem went away. This may not be your problem but then again....

Collapse -

Did you ever figure this out?

by Scholari In reply to Disappearing Contacts in ...

Did you ever figure out why the contacts were disappearing from the Secretary's PC? I hvae the same problem, and only ideas I have now are dealing with the contacts going elswhere on the executive's pc like a .pst file. I am thinking to change it is in the contact properties, and look at the activity settings, and synchronization, at least for starters.

If you have a solution I would like to hear it.

Collapse -

Sort of resolution

by jeff.engel In reply to Did you ever figure this ...

Sorry I haven't kept up on this post. I ended up finding an MSKB article on it mentioning correlation with Small Business Manager that is installed with the 2nd CD. I removed that from the system and it prevented the new contacts from being listedas private right away.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)