General discussion

DLT8000 not in removable storage

By pdinsdale ·
I've got the latest drivers from Quantum, and the tape drive is listed under tape drives in the device manager, but how do I get it recognized in the removable storage section? Or more to the point, how do I get W2K Backup to use it?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Trackhappy In reply to DLT8000 not in removable ...

Has it appeared under removable storage manager physical locations?. If it has, right click,properties and see that "enable library" is ticked. From experience it sometaimes taks a while to appear in RSM. Technet has some articles on the RSM database. Another thing to check is that something like Backup Exec. hasn't claimed the device and loaded it's drivers, although it still should appear under RSM as device which is not enabled. Another issue is that W2K likes it's own driver. The OEM supplied driver may not work in RSM. Try removing it and let the Windows native driver install. Good luck.

Collapse -

by pdinsdale In reply to DLT8000 not in removable ...

As indicated in the question, it does not show up at all in the removable storage section (nor in the storage section for that matter) only in device manager. I had the problem with the native driver as well, thus the further action of loading Quantum's version.

Collapse -

by Trackhappy In reply to DLT8000 not in removable ...

Has it appeared under removable storage manager physical locations?. If it has, right click,properties and see that "enable library" is ticked. From experience it sometaimes taks a while to appear in RSM. Technet has some articles on the RSM database. Another thing to check is that something like Backup Exec. hasn't claimed the device and loaded it's drivers, although it still should appear under RSM as device which is not enabled. Another issue is that W2K likes it's own driver. The OEM supplied driver may not work in RSM. Try removing it and let the Windows native driver install. Good luck.

Collapse -

by pdinsdale In reply to DLT8000 not in removable ...

As indicated in the question, it does not show up at all in the removable storage section (nor in the storage section for that matter) only in device manager. I had the problem with the native driver as well, thus the further action of loading Quantum's version.

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)