Question

Does anyone own the AMD Quad-Core 955 Motherboard Bundle - Asus M4A87TD....

By flogadob ·
Hi was thinking of buying this motheroard:
AMD Quad-Core 955 Motherboard Bundle - Asus M4A87TD EVO Motherboard,
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Quad Core CPU, CPU Cooling Fan

Does anyone own this motherboard and if so what graphics cards did they find worked really well with it?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Well firstly the Bundle is a Sellers setup

by OH Smeg In reply to Does anyone own the AMD Q ...

Not a provided thing from either the M'Board maker or the CPU Maker.

ASUS make fairly decent M'Boards and the full technical specifications are listed here

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=YATvwCy0OZLGNWwp&content=specifications

I'm not really sure which CPU is involved here as there appears to be a couple of possibilities so you would have to look at the Sellers Listing to find out which one it is and if it's one of the higher or mid Range CPU's.

Depending on what you want here it may or may not be suitable for your needs but the AMD Web Site seems to have quite a few questions relating to this family of processor

http://search.amd.com/us/_layouts/search/search.aspx?collection=all-us&csquery=AMD+Phenom+II+X4+955+Quad+Core+CPU&sortby=$score&filter=productfamily%3aAMD+Phenom%e2%84%a2

From my prospective I would expect the M'Board to be of reasonable quality though it can only carry 16 GIG of RAM which may or may not be enough for your needs.

The current generation of Intel M'Boards can carry 24 GIG but the AMD ones seem to be limited to 16 GIG. This may or may not be important it all depends on what it is you want to do here.

Again depending on what you want to do you can use just about any Video Card in Crossfire mode or whatever AMD call their Dual Video Card System. As AMD also make ATI Video Cards they would be my first choice as they are less likely to have any Issues with the Chip Set involved here but most of the higher end NVidia Video Cards should work also.

As to which is best this again all depends on what it is you want to do.

Col

Collapse -

thankyou:)

by flogadob In reply to Well firstly the Bundle i ...

thankyou for your pearls of wisdom :)
very helpful advice which i will take on board

Collapse -

Your Welcome

by OH Smeg In reply to thankyou:)

I hope that the above was of some help to you.

Col

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)