Drive letter not present in ExploreLocked
I have a Gateway system, running WinME. My problem is: IDE-CD R/RW 4x4x24 is not present in Explore and in Adaptec Easy Create CD software. I can create a CD using Adaptec Easy Create. I can see it in Device Manager tho.
I have done the following to troubleshoot this problem:
1) Remove the IDE-CD in Device Manager and rebooted. it detects it but still does not show up in Explore.
2) Updated my Virus Dat file and scan system for any Viruses. No Virus present on system.
3) Reseated the cables to the drive even tho I could create a CD.
4) Preformed System Resource back to at least 2 months. still no luck.
5) Had Gateway take control of my system to see if they can figure out the problem. Their only solution is, is to reinstall the OS. I really do not want to do that unless that is the last resort.
Does anyone have another solution?
At least I am able to create cd’s. But I sure would like to see whats on the cd without taking it out of the Drive and putting in my DVD-ROM drive.