Question

Dual monitors will not work simultaniously with HP 6550b ProBook?

By gsanmateo ·
I have a HP ProBook 6550b notebook-does anyone know why I can't get the DisplayPort (using DisplayPort to VGA adapter) and VGA external monitor to work at the same time as the built-in monitor of the laptop? My goal is to have 3 screens but I just can't seem to pull it off. Any feedback/suggestions would be helpful.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I don't think what you are wanting to do here is possible

by OH Smeg In reply to Dual monitors will not wo ...
Collapse -

Did it work

by kevin.mooney In reply to Dual monitors will not wo ...

I'm trying to do something similar to this also. Looking for 2 external monitors, plus the laptop monitor on the ProBook 6550b. Where you ever able to get this to work?

Collapse -

6550b output to VGA

by thumbrsa In reply to Dual monitors will not wo ...

Hi, don't know if it will work, but I could notdisplay to 1 monitor and installed the driver Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver with Turbo Boost Technology from HP's site. Display to one monitor is working.

Collapse -

Dual monitors will not work simultaniously with HP 6550b ProBook

by GU2RS In reply to Dual monitors will not wo ...

I experienced similar behaviour with the 6550b W7 video driver from on the HP site.
Extending the laptop on to one external monitor did work on Windows 7 32 bit with the Intel HD video driver and I think I used GFX_Win7_Vista_32_15.22.1.2361.exe
found at:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20044&lang=eng&wapkw=(hd)

Back to Peripheral Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)