Question

Dual monitors will not work simultaniously with HP 6550b ProBook?

By gsanmateo ·
I have a HP ProBook 6550b notebook-does anyone know why I can't get the DisplayPort (using DisplayPort to VGA adapter) and VGA external monitor to work at the same time as the built-in monitor of the laptop? My goal is to have 3 screens but I just can't seem to pull it off. Any feedback/suggestions would be helpful.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I don't think what you are wanting to do here is possible

by OH Smeg In reply to Dual monitors will not wo ...

That's probably why you are having problems but what does the Owners Manual say about this?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=au&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=64255&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=4173845&lang=en&cc=au

Collapse -

Did it work

by kevin.mooney In reply to Dual monitors will not wo ...

I'm trying to do something similar to this also. Looking for 2 external monitors, plus the laptop monitor on the ProBook 6550b. Where you ever able to get this to work?

Collapse -

6550b output to VGA

by thumbrsa In reply to Dual monitors will not wo ...

Hi, don't know if it will work, but I could notdisplay to 1 monitor and installed the driver Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver with Turbo Boost Technology from HP's site. Display to one monitor is working.

Collapse -

Dual monitors will not work simultaniously with HP 6550b ProBook

by GU2RS In reply to Dual monitors will not wo ...

I experienced similar behaviour with the 6550b W7 video driver from on the HP site.
Extending the laptop on to one external monitor did work on Windows 7 32 bit with the Intel HD video driver and I think I used GFX_Win7_Vista_32_15.22.1.2361.exe
found at:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20044&lang=eng&wapkw=(hd)

Back to Peripheral Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)