General discussion

Dumb Mistake with Shadow Copy on SBS 2003

By AndeAnderson ·
I made a really dumb mistake the other week. During a scheduled maintenance procedure I noticed two users with a lot of MP3s in their "My Documents" folders on the Server.

Without thinking, I guess I am still in the NT 4.0 Admin Mode, I immediately deleted the MP3s from the server.

A couple of days later I realized my error when I tried to empty the Recycle Bin. I could not empty or remove the files. I could not even restore them because the Shadow Copy had already re-synchronized with the users "My Documents" and put fresh copies back onto the server.

The second time around I took the MP3s off of the workstations. But, I now have one user who is being told that his "My Documents" is "Read Only" and I still have these orphaned MP3s stuck in my servers Recycle Bin.

Even as Administrator I have been unable to clear out or take ownership of the MP3s, I receive the error message that I do not have the permissions to do anything with them. And, I do not know how I am going to correct the User's "Read Only" problem, short of Deleting the User and then recreating them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to IT Employment Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)