General discussion

Easy CD Creator in Win2000

By Islander ·
I have installed Easy CD Creator 4.03 on a wind2000 networked machine. I am able to run Easy CD when logged in as Administrator but not as any other users. This is obviously a security issue because when logged it as other users access to Easy CD isdenied unless I make them Power Users. Why is this happening? It is because of the OS or Easy CD?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Parbo In reply to Easy CD Creator in Win200 ...

have you tried changing the permissions for this apps?

Collapse -

by Islander In reply to Easy CD Creator in Win200 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by shmaltz In reply to Easy CD Creator in Win200 ...

Its the OS and not Easy CD. Any one who logs on only as a regular user (not standard) has very limited access to the computer.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Permissions can be a headache for sure with Windows 2000. You may have to create "duplicate" accounts on the local machine with Power User rights. This will obviously continue to provide better security for the rest of your network while still giving sufficient rights to use Easy CD on the local machine. Try it out with one or two accounts to see if this solution will work for you. Otherwise, you might also try reinstalling Easy CD while logged in under each new local account (with Power User rights), then change the rights back to their appropriate settings after installation. This would be the option to try if having Power User rights even only on the local machine is not acceptable. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)