Question

Emachine t2682 Motherboard replacement

By jgregj22 ·
I have a Emachine t2682. The power supply went bad and the motherboard went with it. I had a bought a new power supply and tried it on the emachine and no luck, but it worked on a different computer. Since the motherboard is bad, can I salvage the harddrive, cpu and RAM chip?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Short answer: Maybe

by saihib In reply to Emachine t2682 Motherboar ...

It's very rare that a motherboard and power supply fail at the same time. Assuming that no extreme act of God happened, you should be able to use the other components on another compatible motherboard.

Collapse -

Short answer: Maybe

by saihib In reply to Emachine t2682 Motherboar ...

It's very rare that a motherboard and power supply fail at the same time. Assuming that no extreme act of God happened, you should be able to use the other components on another compatible motherboard.

Collapse -

Try minimialization if you have not.

by dm3haggitt In reply to Emachine t2682 Motherboar ...

After resetting CMOS, test the board with only with one stick of RAM, CPU, power supply, and speaker. If you do not get any beep then consider replacing the CPU. Otherwise put one component back at a time starting with the video (unless built-in) and any beeps except the power good beep should go away. If you still get other beeps start by testing the RAM (several rapid beeps) and then swapping the video (a pattern of beeps).

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)