Question

Emachines W2828 stop error

By zlitocook ·
I have an older Emachine that I am working on to give to some one. It had XP home on it and kept restarting, I could get to the desk top but even turning off the restart function it still restarted with out giving a stop screen.
I replaced memory with known good, replaced the PS, cleared the BIOS. I tried loading XP pro and formating the drive after format and starting windows. I got a stop 0x000000d1, 0xfadfddfd, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xfadfddfd

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Sorry just to add

by zlitocook In reply to Emachines W2828 stop erro ...

I did a search of MS for this error it did list the first but the second part was not to be found. Even through Google, Yahoo or web crawler. The 0xfadfddfd is not found any where I looked.

Collapse -

RE: Emachines W2828 stop error

by Jacky Howe In reply to Emachines W2828 stop erro ...

Your'e a legend it looks like you have a first with 0xfadfddfd. STOP 0x000000D1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. STOP: 0x00000002 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) DEVICE_QUEUE_NOT_BUSY. With whatever 0xfadfddfd is in between.

This is probably your best bet. It really is pretty straight forward if you have a minidump file.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx

Collapse -

No just a person trying

by zlitocook In reply to RE: Emachines W2828 stop ...

To get a stupid computer to work. I got an email from Emachines, thay said to check my power cord connection and to remove any external connections. This was after I put in a ticket to them about this problem. I said what was the problem and what I have done to fix it.

Collapse -

They can be trying

by Jacky Howe In reply to No just a person trying

It could be something to do with the hard drive. Is it set to autodetect in the BIOS? Is it being picked up properly in BIOS. Windows might be trying to use the wrong drivers. The third error message says that it was expecting something else to have happend.
Also try it with a different keyboard.
Edit: make sure the BIOS setting for Plug and Play OS is switched to ?yes? to allow Windows to to look after IRQ's.
Good luck

Collapse -

My opinion is...

by tintoman In reply to Emachines W2828 stop erro ...

That if this machine consistently shut itself down unexpectedly I suspect that you probably now have a hardware fault with your hard drive or data corruption at least.
The initial problem is likely to have been caused by an overheating CPU, the symptoms are consistent with that issue.
If you check the heat sink and fan they might be clogged up with dust, but whether this will be sufficient to fix the problem now remains to be seen, you might need to fit a new hard drive as well, but the CPU could be damaged too.

Collapse -

Afterthought

by tintoman In reply to Emachines W2828 stop erro ...

Of course I assume you are aware that emachines are notorious for having suspect power supply units....

Collapse -

Thanks

by zlitocook In reply to Emachines W2828 stop erro ...

For all the answers but I have concluded that the MB is bad. I have tried your ideas and alot of others, the 0xfadfddfd error can not be found any where.

Collapse -

Your'e still a Legend

by Jacky Howe In reply to Thanks

It's got me beat as to why would it throw up an undocumented error code. All I can think is that it is getting totally confused.

Back to Hardware Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)