General discussion

Email notification sound in Outlook 2002

By Glynderi ·
How can I restore the email notification sound on my account. It works fine on my wife's login (fast users switching in XP Pro). I've heard that there's a registry fix for this problem.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dkmc00 In reply to Email notification sound ...

Did u try going to Control Panel-Sound & audio devices-Sounds tab, scroll down to new mail notification and enable a sound scheme ?

Collapse -

by Glynderi In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by an_it_guy In reply to Email notification sound ...

Along with what previous poster suggests, check one more thing. Open your Outlook2002, and get into options. Go to Advanced Email Options, and find settings for 'When new items arrive'. Check to see whether 'Play a Sound' is enabled or no. IF not, enable it.
Restart Outlook and test with a new test mail to see if it works.
Cheers.

Collapse -

by Glynderi In reply to

Collapse -

by complexmind In reply to Email notification sound ...

Hi:

I have seen where the option gets reset for some users. If you haven't checked that already you can by logging in with your account and following the details below. Haven't seen anything on a Registry fix yet.

From Outlook 2002, go to TOOLS and select OPTIONS. On the OPTIONS screen, Preferences Tab, click the "E-Mail Options" button. On the E-MAIL OPTIONS Screen click the "Advanced E-Mail Options" button.

On the Advanced E-Mail Options screen, in the 2nd section (When new Items Arrive) Check the box for "Play a Sound".

Collapse -

by Glynderi In reply to

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)