General discussion

Email Problem Exchange 2000

By wlsc2 ·
I have a customer using SBS 2000.
The email is created by an ISP and then sent to the server using a pop connector, in turn the exchange distributes the email to the users.
I have setup a new user in Active directory users and computers. now i have looked at the settings of another user and they seem the same, this user can send email but cant recieve email?
is there something i am missing? i am desperate to sort this out. the settings are as follows
domain is ppeople.local
her email should be user@personnelpeople.co.za
i assume that in theory it should be a case of just setting up the user getting the isp to create the email?
any help would be much appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by robgwilcox In reply to Email Problem Exchange 20 ...

Do you have the POP Connector configured to dip in to a global mailbox at the ISP? Or is it individual mailboxes at the ISP?

If it's the former, then yes, the ISP or yourself should add the user, and then the Connector will pull down the mail for that user as the others, and distribute it.

If it's the latter then you would need the ISP to create the mailbox, and you'd need to modify the connector to include the user/password details to pull down the mail, and distribute it.

Thanks
Rob

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)