Question

Emails in Inbox (Outlook 2007) dissappeared ?

By dsimonovic ·
I'm runing Windows Server 2003 with Microsoft Exchange 2003.
All computers have Outlook 2007 installed and everything works just fine.
Yesterday, since I already have my emails in my Outlook 2007 at work, I wanted to set up my Outlook 2003 on my laptop and use the Outlook at home.
I set up the Outlook on my laptop, sucesfully coonected it to Microsoft Exchange over http and it worked.
I realized:
1. While the Outlook 2003 on my laptop was pulling the emails from the server in Inbox, the emails on Outlook 2007 on my work desktop started to dissappear one by one.

Right now, all the emails are in my laptop and all the emails on my desktop are gone. I can recieve and send the emails on both machines, but, I need all the emails from Inbox on my desktop as well.

Thanks in advance for you help!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

setup the "leave on server option" in outlook

by markp24 In reply to Emails in Inbox (Outlook ...

please refernce this article for instructions
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/leave-e-mail-messages-on-your-e-mail-server-HA001150793.aspx

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by dsimonovic In reply to setup the "leave on ...

Thanks for the diagram. I will go to the office right now and see what I can do.
Also, do you also have some other ideas how to solve this issue? I'm afraid If I delete an accoung on my laptop, everything will be gone forever.
I also made on more test account with the same username and once the account connects to the server, it's not puling the old emails anymore.

Collapse -

Huh? You don't need to do any of that.

by seanferd In reply to Emails in Inbox (Outlook ...

Just choose the option on you laptop to "Leave messages on the server". That's all.

You can do the same for your workstation at work if you like.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by dsimonovic In reply to Huh? You don't need to do ...

Thanks for your reply.
Option "Leave messages on the server" does not exist when the Outlook is connected on Microsoft Exchange server. This option can be selcted when the Outlook is connected via POP3 settings.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)