Question

emails received in Outlook 2003 are full of attachments

By JADavis9 ·
When I get messages from a certain sender, they are full of attachments and don't show the whole message as she intended (and as other people see it on their end). How can I fix this? Hopefully the fix is on my end so I don't need to ask her to make any changes.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

so when you download the attachment what happens?

by CG IT In reply to emails received in Outloo ...

is only half the attachment there? or is the format wrong? what attachment formats?

Collapse -

details

by JADavis9 In reply to so when you download the ...

sorry that I was too vague on my issue.
The problem is that I am the only one who seems to see it this way when this gal sends the same email to several of us.
The attachments are complete - the problem is that the stuff that is attached is supposed to just be part of the email. The others who get the same email will see all of this other stuff directly in the email. I had been ignoring the attachments since they were always just her company logo or part of her signature (i think). But recently I got emails from her where she is forwarding another email from someone else and her email to me is full of these attachments. Maybe 10 or 12 of them. I don't want to look through them all. Apparently the others who get this same email from her can see it displayed as she did. I am the only one with some setting or option wrong.
I am not sure what you are asking me about formats and attachment formats. If that will help solve this for me, please ask me a more specific question or explain to me what you are asking. Thanks for your help on this so far.

Collapse -

Vibes

by santeewelding In reply to details

I'm still getting them from you, Davis: i.e., as though you are having "your people" do this little thing and that little thing for you.

Swallow your pride -- no matter how high up the chain you may think you are -- and go take an adult night course at a local high school; like, in, basic email.

It was painful for me to admit in the very first course I took that I didn't know where the "on" button was.

Collapse -

Fortunately,

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Vibes

you've since mastered 'on'.

Collapse -

not sure what vibes you are talking about

by JADavis9 In reply to Vibes

Dear santeewelding. What "vibes" are you talking about? I have no idea what you are feeling that I should or shouldn't say. Please, if you are just writing this to harass me, please stop it.
I have no "pride" to swallow that I feel that I have shown or expressed. I am just trying to fix a problem with my computer.

Collapse -

Fix a problem

by santeewelding In reply to not sure what vibes you a ...

Then another, then another beginner problem, all the nature of which I have seen from you so far reveal you to be winging it, milking the helpful goodwill of those here.

This latest is like your having put yourself in front of a computer for the first time and asking of every passerby with each new mystery, "And, now, how do I do this?"

You don't have single problems. You have one, great, big problem.

Collapse -

You are sick Santee

by JADavis9 In reply to Fix a problem

You should be embarrassed about how you have treated me. I don't know what your problem is. This is ridiculous. I will never come back here if that will please you fine. I will remove Tech Republic from my Favorites Bar and attempt to cancel my account. You are such a big man. Thanks a lot for all of your nasty help.

Collapse -

that, my friend, is the reaction they are looking for

by CG IT In reply to You are sick Santee

there are always posters on public forums that have nothing else better to do than jerking chains. As long as you know that is what they do, one can simply shrug.

I like to look at the positive and try and come up with snapy repostes [which is also what their looking for, an audience] from time to time. Keeps the grey matter working and is a fun diversion. Why should they be the only ones getting something out of it???

Collapse -

What I said

by santeewelding In reply to You are sick Santee

Stands.

For which, I was not awarded a thumb. How many, by the way, have you awarded in appreciation of all the answers to all your many questions in all the time you have been asking -- and receiving?

Instead, you rejoin with, "And, how do I do that?" Where does your convenience end and theirs begin?

Collapse -

HTML or Text

by willcomp In reply to emails received in Outloo ...

Is Outlook set to display messages in HTML or text only?

Back to Software Forum
15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next