General discussion

ERD for Windows 2000

By Jacky Chin ·
Any idea, how can I do this command 'rdisk /s' in Windows 2000. Because I used this command for all my NT 4 servers to update the local 'systemroot\repair' folder then copy over to another specific server for backup purpose. Of course, I'm using this 'at' command and everything done automatically. I do not want to use this 'regback' & 'regrest', unless I have no choice.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

by DC1 In reply to ERD for Windows 2000

I have not seen any DOS based command for the repair disk for 2000, only the GUI.

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

by Jacky Chin In reply to ERD for Windows 2000

I'm using the 'regback' & 'at' command to solve this problem.

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

by gaston In reply to ERD for Windows 2000

The emergency disk utility in 2000 is in the backup software, this can take the actice directory also previously known as the Directory Database, this utility can be scheduled whenever you want it to happen.

Did you know that rdisk /s- does exactly the same thing but does not bother you with the diskette stuff, everything goes to the repair folder.

Yes I know the dos and at are faster to acces bus less userfriendly, hey more people can do it now.

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

by singhjunk In reply to ERD for Windows 2000

I have not yet discovered a command line method to create an ERD in Windows 2000.
To create an Emergency Repair Disk:
1. Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Backup.
2. On the Welcome screen, press Emergency Repair Disk, or Use the Tools menu to Create an Emergency Repair Disk.
3. Insert a formatted 1.44MB floppy.
4. Check the Also back up the registry... check box.
5. Press OK.

In windows NT, an ERD (Emergency Repair Disk), can be used to repair (reset) the registry. In Windows 2000, the Inspect registry files is not available during a repair process.In knowledge Base article Q216337, Microsoft explains that the Windows 2000 registry is too large to fit on one disk.Microsoft further asserts that to backup the registry,you must do a full system backup, including the system state.
I have spent the better part of last week, trying to disprove that statement. So far, it appears that they are correct.I am still trying to recover from an innocent registry hack on my workstation. I will pr

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

Collapse -

ERD for Windows 2000

Back to Windows Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)