General discussion

Error 1325.

By dgabbard ·
Error 1325 Invalid short filename.

This is an error message I am recieving on Windows 2000 client when trying to run Acrobat Reader 5.05 from a shortcut on the desktop.

The client used RIS with a RIPREPed image to install Windows 2000. Acrobat Reader was installed with a Group Policy prior to RIPREP.

Acrobat Reader works fine from the program files\adobe.... folder. But the short cut gives the error above.

I have been unable to find any helpful information on technet or the web. Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Error 1325.

by dwdino In reply to Error 1325.

Verify that the shortcut is surrounded by quotes if the shortcut contains spaces.
(i.e. "c:\program files\adobe\acrobat.exe")

Collapse -

Error 1325.

by dgabbard In reply to Error 1325.

I wish it was that simple. That wasn't it. I appears to have something to do with the 8.3 naming convention. Like I said you will find it difficult to find anything on the Internet about it.

Collapse -

Error 1325.

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

Error 1325.

by an_it_guy In reply to Error 1325.

Try creating a new shortcut for the same and see if that works ok.

Collapse -

Error 1325.

I tried that also. No luck. I did find something unusual. When I try to open an attachment in e:mail that is associated with the program it tells me it cannot find a suitable program to read the attachment. When I look at the file types in folder options PDFs are associated with Acrobat. So I deleted the association, reinstalled Acrobat and it worked. But I would still like to know why it is doing this.

Collapse -

Error 1325.

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)