General discussion

Error 1933 and MS site doesn't help

By logi9992000 ·
I get an "error 1933" after trying to install MS Office 2000 with Microsoft XP home (the install asks for XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD, which I don't have). MS site did not solve the problem. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Error 1933 and MS site do ...

I am going to assume that you have a name brand PC that came with Windows XP Pro installed.

Some software installations require the installation of additional Windows components.

Look on your hard drive for a folder labeled i386
If you have this folder, you should be able to direct the wizard that is looking for the XP CD to this folder.

Otherwise, I suggest that you either contact, or look through the support FAQs at the system manufactures web site for a work around.

Chas

Collapse -

by logi9992000 In reply to

Um, I have XP home and I cannot direct the Office installation to look anywhere (no browse option).

Collapse -

by Oz_Media In reply to Error 1933 and MS site do ...

Have you tried downloading and installing MS Office SP1 from Microsoft?

You shouldn't be asked for the disk then.

If it is asking for 'Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1', download SP1 for your Operating System.
http://tinyurl.com/38x6u

If it is the Office XP disk it is looking for download Office XP SP1 (and SP2 and SP3).
http://tinyurl.com/yu7tc

Collapse -

by Oz_Media In reply to

If this is a setup issue, not sure if you're finishing setup and getting the error when you try to run office or when installing, just update your Windows XP Pro to SP1 using the link I provided above. Your install should now work.

Collapse -

by logi9992000 In reply to

I figured it out. It required a registry hack in a different location than expected.

Collapse -

by logi9992000 In reply to Error 1933 and MS site do ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums