General discussion

Error 676 in dial up connection

By hillshondacity ·
I am using Lucent modem for my dial up connection and dialing two number one is my company's VPN number and another is normal MTNL dial up connection number. it is connecting with the VPN number but when i am dialing the MTNL number on the same line after disconnecting it is giving error 676 (that phone line is busy). and on the different machine it is connecting at the same time. Could you help me out from this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by frewsteve In reply to Error 676 in dial up conn ...

I'm assuming your using a microsoft product..I know that there is an m.s. knowlage base on it for win98 so it probably is a carry thru basicly it is not clearing out the at register in the modem to let it know that call 1 is done and to let the dialer go to call 2 as a suggestion you might want to try to go to a terminal program in between calls and type the following "+++ at <enter>" (wakes up the modem and tells it you want to talk to it) then "ATZ <ENTER>" says reset modem then close out and try the second call I realise that this is not the perfect fix but it beats a reboot smile let me know if this helps

Collapse -

by hillshondacity In reply to Error 676 in dial up conn ...

i am using MS Windows Xp

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)