Question

Error Code: 502 Proxy Error

By usman.garments ·
Hello all, i am using ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition with Sp3. I am experience some problem with my ISA server. whenever i want to click visit some sites i am receiving such type of error from ISA Server .

Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. A software error occurred for a Windows Internet extension application that is required for the current operation.
How i can solve this Problem.
Secondly how i can allow Live Update oF NOD32 Definition on ISA Server.

Thanks
Muhammad Usman

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Security Problem

by lyallaust In reply to Error Code: 502 Proxy Err ...

Any error code of 5xx refers to an Access Denied error of some sort. Chances are the software is trying to authenticate anonymously against the firewall instead of using the user credentials of the person logged into the PC. System Services such as an antivirus and Windows Update are classic for this.
You will see in the Firewall Policy selection a group listing in the toolbox under "Network Objects" --> "Domain Name Sets" a listing called System Policy Allowed Sites. By default this destination set includes sites like "*.windowsupdate.com" and "*.microsoft.com". Somewhere in your firewall rules you should have a listing allowing all networks access to System Policy Allowed Sites to all users (not just authenticated users).
You should add your antivirus update server to this list.

To address the initial problem (similar issue) I would first look at your traffic logs in the ISA Management console. Change to the Monitoring Menu on the left, and select the Logging Tab. The default options are usually good enough to work from, so just click Start Query on the right in the toolbox. Get a client PC to try to access the site(s), the at the server click Stop Query. Scroll back through the list until you find why it was blocked (it will list which firewall rule as well as the reason).

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums