Question

Error code 8007043c just after startup

By jackaluk ·
Hi,
Every time I load Vista 32bit Business edition in normal mode, I get just past the login screen, it loads the desktop, icons etc. Then when I move the mouse, to open Messenger etc, it either freezes, and doesn't come back to life, or it simply restarts with no BSOD or any error codes, I haven't installed anything recently, or changed any settings, however, it seems to be mouse related... The computer works fine in safe mode with networking. On event viewer, there aren't many signs of obvious problematic errors, however, EventID 4609 Source: EventSystem keeps occuring whenever the computer has frozen/restarted event info...
"The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\rtm\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error."
Details: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem" Guid="{899daace-4868-4295-afcd-9eb8fb497561}" EventSourceName="EventSystem" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">4609</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>16</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-06-06T19:11:10.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>24102</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>ArshadMahmood</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="param1">d:\rtm\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp</Data>
<Data Name="param2">45</Data>
<Data Name="param3">8007043c</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Thanks in advance

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Well the only reference to this error code

by OH Smeg In reply to Error code 8007043c just ...

Is relating to SP1 for Vista. Apparently it is a driver issue that doesn't work correctly after SP1 has been installed so I'm guessing that you have SP1 for Vista installed correct?

If that is the case open Device Manager and look for any Yellow Circles with a black ! mark in then and then go to your System Makers Web Site or M'Board makers Web Site and download the required driver. If you have a White Box depending on the problem driver you may be required to hunt around the different Hardware Makers Web Sites to find the driver that you require.

Col

Collapse -

Not for Vista

by Jacky Howe In reply to Error code 8007043c just ...

but M$ don't normally update if there is a relevent fix. I can't guarantee that this will work but if its only a matter of changing a couple of permissions I would try it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909444

Collapse -

No luck

by jackaluk In reply to Error code 8007043c just ...

I've tried both ideas, neither of which worked, I don't have SP1 installed yet, and there are no warning markers in device manager. I also already have most up to date drivers for all of my hardware, but i'm not sure thats it, because the hardware hasn't changed, and neither have drivers for a couple of weeks. But only in the last few days has the problem shown itself...I also followed the instructions on the link, but that hasn't helped either...

Collapse -

See if this helps

by Jacky Howe In reply to No luck

All of the permissions are OK on the Network Service account.

The following EventSystem event may be logged in the event log if the Network Service account does not have the correct permissions:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (50)
Event I 4609
Date: <Date>
Time: <Time>
User: N/A
Computer: Server
Description: The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 80070005 from line xx of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

See if you can get to the bottom of it with this it may indicate where the problem lies.

Using Reliability Monitor

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/d33c3cc1-a9dd-4b96-8062-edb21ee70f0e1033.mspx?mfr=true

Use Reliability Monitor to Troubleshoot

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/f4d9182c-e0d7-4b20-87fa-8e79779b75771033.mspx?mfr=true

Let us know how you get on. :)

Collapse -

And if this is a Desktop

by OH Smeg In reply to See if this helps

Try changing the BIOS Battery if it is flat or close to being flat you can get all sorts of screwy problems crop up.

Col

Collapse -

RACAgent

by jackaluk In reply to See if this helps

When I go to run Reliability Monitor, it gives me a nice message saying that RACAgent is disabled, so I can't view the data, however, I can't activate it while in safe mode, and I don't have enough time to fix it while normal mode still works! looks like this one may also be a no go, unless there is another way of fixing it! I don't think the BIOS battery is the problem, the motherboard is only about 2 months old...
cheers :)

Collapse -

See if this is of any help

by Jacky Howe In reply to RACAgent

Try Booting without the Mouse to see if you have access. What type of Mouse is it Logitech, if it is try uninstalling Logitech Setpoint.
Go to your device manager find the Mouse and uninstall the driver. Then reinstall with the correct one (or let windows use the generic (default) driver. Restart the PC when you have made these changes.
Try another mouse.
Try Reliability Monitor again.

Basic Keyboard shortcuts to enable you to move around.
Press this key
To do this

CTRL+C
Copy the selected item

CTRL+X
Cut the selected item

CTRL+V
Paste the selected item

CTRL+Z
Undo an action

DELETE
Delete the selected item and move it to the Recycle Bin

SHIFT+DELETE
Delete the selected item without moving it to the Recycle Bin first

F2
Rename the selected item

CTRL+RIGHT ARROW
Move the cursor to the beginning of the next word

CTRL+LEFT ARROW
Move the cursor to the beginning of the previous word

CTRL+DOWN ARROW
Move the cursor to the beginning of the next paragraph

CTRL+UP ARROW
Move the cursor to the beginning of the previous paragraph

CTRL+SHIFT with an arrow key
Select a block of text

SHIFT with any arrow key
Select more than one item in a window or on the desktop, or select text within a document

CTRL+A
Select all items in a document or window

F3
Search for a file or folder

ALT+ENTER
Display properties for the selected item

ALT+F4
Close the active item, or exit the active program

ALT+SPACEBAR
Open the shortcut menu for the active window

CTRL+F4
Close the active document (in programs that allow you to have multiple documents open simultaneously)

ALT+TAB
Switch between open items

CTRL+ALT+TAB
Use the arrow keys to switch between open items

Windows logo key +TAB
Cycle through programs on the taskbar by using Windows Flip 3-D

CTRL+Windows logo key +TAB
Use the arrow keys to cycle through programs on the taskbar by using Windows Flip 3-D

ALT+ESC
Cycle through items in the order in which they were opened

F6
Cycle through screen elements in a window or on the desktop

F4
Display the Address bar list in Windows Explorer

SHIFT+F10
Display the shortcut menu for the selected item

CTRL+ESC
Open the Start menu

ALT+underlined letter
Display the corresponding menu

ALT+underlined letter
Perform the menu command (or other underlined command)

F10
Activate the menu bar in the active program

RIGHT ARROW
Open the next menu to the right, or open a submenu

LEFT ARROW
Open the next menu to the left, or close a submenu

F5
Refresh the active window

ALT+UP ARROW
View the folder one level up in Windows Explorer

ESC
Cancel the current task

CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
Open Task Manager

SHIFT when you insert a CD
Prevent the CD from automatically playing

Control the mouse pointer with the keyboard (Mouse Keys)

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsvista/mousekeys.aspx

Collapse -

Problem Solved

by jackaluk In reply to See if this is of any hel ...

Well, I tried this when the first error occured, but it was no help... however, just tried deleting ALL Razer related programs and drivers again, like you said, and it seems to have worked! The 4609 errors seem to have stopped as well now... Amazing that a mouse driver/app can cause that much trouble. Anyway thanks for all the help guys!!

Collapse -

No Probs :)

by Jacky Howe In reply to Problem Solved

Problems can be caused by incompatiable Drivers.

Collapse -

Its started again

by jackaluk In reply to Error code 8007043c just ...

Hi again, this problem has just started again, so I'm not sure what the problem is any more, I updated just about all of my drivers, it was running smoothly until about 5 minutes ago, the error is exactly the same as in my first post. I have done nothing differently!!! Just wondering if there were any other solutions people could think of.?
Cheers

Back to Software Forum
10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)