General discussion

Error Event #7000

By CynthiaD ·
Does anyone know how to fix an error I get on boot up that says "Log on svc failed to start, Access is denied"? OS is NT 4.0 with sp6a

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Error Event #7000

by Ann777 In reply to Error Event #7000

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?app=Top10&eventid=7000

I recommend that you reinstall service pack 6a.

MS Mail Migration Stops with Event ID 7000 and 7007 (Q168606)

NTOP Installation Error Message: Cannot Detect OS Type (Q250262)

Directory Replicator Service Fails to Start with Event 7000 (Q172362) resolution here: Verify that the account has at least Read (R) access to the %SystemRoot%\ System32 and the %SystemRoot%\System32\Repl subdirectories and the files located therein.

Err Msg: At Least One Service or Driver Failed... (Q175653)
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to reinstall Windows NT. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys And Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it.

To resolve this error message, change the ImagePath string value by typing quotation marks (") around the data value in the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<service name>

Collapse -

Error Event #7000

by CynthiaD In reply to Error Event #7000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Error Event #7000

by CynthiaD In reply to Error Event #7000

I have already tried reinstalling sp6a and it didn't fix the problem.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)